4 Tips for Saving Energy in Columbia This Summer
Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your utility bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Columbia and keeping bills lower.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power bills low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your utility charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly schedule your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your energy bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can do a couple other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also change the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy charges economical. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the right product for your home. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*