Booking regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your AC equipment in Columbia operating at peak performance while keeping utility needs low. It also may even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several jobs you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Midland Air Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can take by yourself as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that includes a large dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temperatures near, it’s also a great idea to add AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your air conditioning system cleaned and checked out. Hesitating to switch it on until the first hot day of the summer can be dicey. If you need repair or installation, you might be waiting days for an appointment. And that can get extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, AC upkeep could be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the prime condition:
- Put in a new air filter advises each month or two. This is very crucial if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work by the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have dropped into your equipment, since this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Midland Air Service Experts at 803-399-7208, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any buildup from soil and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that require extra service, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Finding possible troubles in a timely manner can solve larger issues later on. This also gives you time to save if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new AC system to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 803-399-7208 or schedule an appointment online right away.