Planning regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your AC equipment in Columbia operating at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also could even help prolong its life span.
While there are a couple things you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Midland Air Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can take alone as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that includes a big dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temperatures approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your cooling system cleaned and checked out. Hesitating to switch it on until the first hot day of the summer can be dicey. If you need repair or installation, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that can get extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean cooling system will help assure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Also, air conditioning service could be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Myself?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your AC equipment in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and could lower your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very crucial if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, since this might block airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Midland Air Service Experts at 803-399-7208, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any buildup from soil and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your equipment is turning on, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that require extra service, we are set to offer you the most economical solution. Finding possible issues in a timely manner can solve larger troubles later on. This also gives you time to strategize if your unit is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a new cooling system, our Experts will work with you to choose the right model for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to schedule your service? Contact us at 803-399-7208 or schedule an appointment online now.