We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Columbia homeowners often call Midland Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of causes why your Columbia home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Furnace or heating system pilot or ignition control problems, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Midland Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the required repairs. Having a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from nearly all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Midland Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Columbia at 803-399-7208 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.