We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Columbia homeowners often call Midland Air Service Experts about. Although there are theoretically hundreds of causes why your Columbia home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Furnace or heating system pilot or ignition control problems, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Midland Air Service Experts can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from nearly all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, ample combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Midland Air Service Experts of Columbia at 803-399-7208 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.