Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Columbia. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Columbia heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Columbia heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Midland Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its peak in the Columbia heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when organizing outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Columbia temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.