Air conditioners don’t work forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Columbia, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfortable. An updated air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Midland Air Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at peak efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your annual energy costs.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at once. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Midland Air Service Experts. We know the cost of replacing your complete system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 803-399-7208 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.