Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Columbia, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfortable. An updated air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Midland Air Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any big immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently not permanent until the other system goes out. You can skip the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home more comfortable and lowering your annual energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at once. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Midland Air Service Experts. We get the cost of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 803-399-7208 to request an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.