When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Many people do not like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Midland Air Service Experts to help you pick out and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban settings. However, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that clean water doesn’t have to bring higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Midland Air Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Midland Air Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.