Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to maintain a constant supply of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should consider enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Midland Air Service Experts, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, take a look at these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually progress little by little. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and resolve smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected expense that reduces the need for many major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement equipment.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is working safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically count on same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC contract allows access to the most rapid installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, the technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Midland Air Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Midland Air Service Experts office today.