Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will lower your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Columbia.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when used properly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Midland Air Service Experts.