End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Columbia Home
The typical home wastes 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go undetected for a long time.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for additional water you don’t want, and leaks can be catastrophic to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to detect and stop the slightest leaks.
Midland Air Service Experts is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the expertise for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Columbia.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and taking care of leaks are the most common calls we receive for plumbing services. Catching a leak ASAP can help you avoid costly water damage. Some leaks might be harder to find than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to call a plumber in Columbia. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than normal.
- Your pipes regularly make thumping sounds.
- There are rust stains in your tub, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls appear wet or soft.
- You see water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion close to your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t find the signs, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or miniature silver wheel. If the dial is moving, you may have a leak.
We can track down the source of the leak and get it fixed before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are numerous spots you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be caused by cracked seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, clogs and more.
They usually are spotted:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you find signs of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 803-399-7208 or request an appointment online.