Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Columbia
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s draining properly so your Columbia basement doesn’t sustain water damage.
Sump pumps can cease draining for a few different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, contact the Experts at Midland Air Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- No power
- Irregular maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Icy or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to make sure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and drains the water efficiently.
- During dry forecasts, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Midland Air Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of safeguard to protect your home from water damage, look to the Experts at Midland Air Service Experts to verify yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 803-399-7208 or request an appointment online.